Girlfriends

     This is a mural by Amilca Mouton-Fuentes.  She painted it on the side of the  Community Thrift store in the Mission District of San Francisco. It was located at the corner of Sycamore Street and Valencia, between 17th and 18th. 

It was recently painted over.


Amilca was a dear childhood friend of mine.


Dia de los Muertos as well as the 10 year anniversary of her passing is coming. I feel like her spirit is singing to me and causing me to wake up and take notice.


     

     Here is a portrait I painted of Amilca and our friend, Ilyana.  I call it "Girlfriends".



 Water Color Pencils, 6x8 Inches

     I want people walking down the streets of the Mission to know that Amilca Mouton-Fuentes was here. For a brief and wonderful moment, she was walking this earth. She brought life and joy and golden amber in to the hearts of so many people: her family, her friends, her community and beyond. 

     I remember the big brown eyes and the long black eyelashes that she had; she drew and painted and posted them everywhere, when we were little. 

Comments

Popular Posts